All That Matters
All That Matters brochures are nontechnical, patient-centered guides that provide tips and suggestions for avoiding toxic chemical exposure at home, in the workplace and in the community. The All that Matters compendium is an outcome of the collaborations we have built through our From Advancing Science to Ensuring Prevention (FASTEP) Alliance—including clinical and scientific experts and advocates in the fields of reproductive, occupational, environmental and pediatric medicine, public health, and toxicology.
All that Matters resources include:
- Toxic Matters — Provides tips on avoiding chemicals for pregnant women and women who want to become pregnant. The text for English Toxic Matters has been incorporated into UCSF’s electronic medical records. Now every woman who comes in to UCSF (Parnassus location) for prenatal care will receive information about environmental health from their OB/Gyn.
- Cuestiones de Salud — a low-literacy Spanish language edition of Toxic Matters.
- Work Matters — a low literacy brochure explaining how to prevent toxic exposures in the work place and how pregnant women can secure their rights to a safe and healthy work environment.
- Food Matters: What to Eat? — how to select foods with lower exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Pesticides Matter — tips on avoiding exposure to pesticides at work and at home and how to protect one’s family.
If you would like printed copies of Toxic Matters, Cuestiones de Salud or Work Matters brochures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Matters and Pesticide Matters are downloads only.